Compass is a broadly adapted variety that is suited to all barley growing areas of Australia, including QLD, NSW, VIC, TAS, SA, and WA.
- Exceptional grain yield
- Domestic and export malt quality profile
- Low screenings and high retention package
- CCN resistant
- Mid to early maturity
- Medium plant height with strong straw and good head retention.
RGT Planet is a new high yielding spring barley being introduced into Australia. It has a strong agronomic package that combined with its yield potential will make it an economic option for Australian barley growers.
Exceptionally high yielding, broadly adapted, mid maturing feed barley.
- Highest yielding barley variety in 2014 NVT nationally
- Broadly adapted, mid-maturing feed barley
- Ideally suited to environments where yield and yield stability is the top priority
- Best performance observed with a May sowing
- Good net form of net blotch and leaf rust resistance
- Good straw strength and head retention
Scope CL was developed through a mutagenesis-based (non-GM) breeding program conducted by Agriculture Victoria Services Pty Ltd. Scope CL is a broadly adapted variety suited to most growing regions in Australia.
- Excellent tolerance to Intervix herbicide
- Approved for malting and brewing
- High grain yield
- Early to mid season maturity
- Moderately tall plant type
Spartacus CL is an early maturing, potential malting barley and has a similar maturity to La Trobe. Providing a robust disease resistance profile, including resistance to CCN, Spartacus CL is ideally suited to low to medium rainfall regions of Australia.
Westminster offers growers and end users a unique combination of high yielding, outstanding disease resistance and valuable agronomic benefits.
All these attributes together results in a unique variety that offers a great deal of added value, as it is not only consistently high yielding, but is also simple to grow.
- Fully Malt accrediated with Barley Australia
- High yileding potential malt barley
- Ideally suited to the high rainfall southern zone
- Excellent all round disease resistance
- Superior scald resistance compared to most current commercial varieties
Oxford is a top-yielding feed barley with broad adaptability & excellent resistance to lodging. It is a short-strawed, medium-long season variety that is photoperiod sensitive; remaining in a vegetative state during the peak frost periods, while responding to increasing day length in late September/early October. It responds well to early planting and is suitable for main season planting.
- One of the highest yield varieties in NVT trials 2010/2011
- A medium-late maturity barley with high yield potential, wide adaptation and excellent resistance to lodgin
- Similar in maturity to Gairdner; large kernal size with good head retention
- Resistant to Powdery Mildew and Leaf Rust
- Moderate resistance to Net Form Net Blotch